Social Media Associate - Internship
Monroe & Kent is an online home furnishings & decor retailer with a simple mission - bringing our customers high end home furnishings & decor at prices they will love.
As a part of our continued growth we are seeking a Social Media Associate as part of our 2018 Internship Program to join us during the Spring or Summer college semester.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest other relevant platforms
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Optimizes content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Develops offline events to drive engagement
- Community management, including responding to interactions and messages and escalating any service concerns to customer service
- Develop social media campaigns aligned with planned promotional activity on key dates like Valentines Day, Black Friday etc
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects on a weekly basis
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Writes content for company blog on relevant topics of interest to our customers and audience
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Highly organized, with an ability to plan priorities and adapt as requirements change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Inquisitive & curious mind that is always seeking how something can be done better
- Experience of social media platforms, beyond posting selfies and sharing memes
- Currently studying for a Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, PR, Fashion, Design or similar
- Able to commit a minimum 10 hours per week
- Experience of using Google Apps, such as Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets & Slides
- General interest in home decor/interior design
This is an unpaid internship position, however you will qualify for course credit and/or a monthly allowance that can be spent at our store.
It is the policy of Monroe & Kent to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Monroe & Kent will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Monroe & Kent's goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.
To be considered, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org